Wednesday, September 11, 2013

21.5 Unbreakable Laws of Selling



21.5 Unbreakable Laws of Selling.  Proven Actions You Must Take to Make Easier, Faster, Bigger Sales
By Jeffrey Gitomer

Date Review Posted:  September 11, 2013
Authors:  Jeffrey Gitomer
Release Date:  July 2013
Author Web Site:  www.JeffreyGitomer.com
  ***** (A case could be made that I would only review the best of the best because if while reading a book it does not hold my interest, I would not finish it and therefore would not review it.)

Format:  This is really a “workbook.”  As you read it Gitomer asks that you answer questions and provide your thoughts to questions throughout the book.  The questions WILL make you think about your business and that is always a good thing – THINKING!

Reason For Reading THIS book:  I have read every Gitomer Book (several times each) and subscribe to his Sales Caffeine weekly blog.  There is nothing that Gitomer writes or talks about that I won’t read or listen to.  No matter what he writes about, I feel he is talking with me and causes me to think.

Number Of Times I Have Read This Book:  One time.   And already know that I will read it again, taking time to stop and answer all of the questions Gitomer asks.

Brief Summary of Content:  
I believe that you can tell a great deal about a book before you read it by reading the Table of Contents and any testimonials on the book.  In this case Gitomer has identified 21 Laws of (Successful) Selling that if followed should enable the reader to have a very successful sales career.  It was my intention to include the Chapter Titles in this review but then I read the very last .5 Chapter (Gitomer uses the .5 in almost all of his writings.  The .5 is like a gift, something extra, in Louisiana we refer to that as Lagniappe, like a baker who gives you 13 donuts instead of the 12 you may have ordered.  One of the Action Steps Gitomer asks is that you go back and read just the chapter titles but the first time you include “I MUST” before the title.  Then do it again and insert “I NEED TO” and then again inserting “I WILL”, when you do, you will get the following:

I Must; I Need To; and I Will….

  • Attract Willing Buyers
  • Think YES! (you need to read The Little Gold Book of YES!Attitude by Gitomer)
  • Believe Before You Succeed
  • Employ Humor
  • Build Your Own Brand
  • Earn Reputation
  • Be Assertive and Persistent
  • Demonstrate Excellence
  • Deliver Value First
  • Communicate in Terms of Them
  • Ask Before You Tell
  • Serve Memorably
  • Exchange Loyalty
  • Earn Trust
  • Utilize Voice of Customers
  • Discover The Why
  • Intend to Achieve
  • Be Perceived As Different
  • Perform Dynamically
  • Attract, Engage, and Connect Socially
  • Earn Without Asking
  • Love it or Leave It


“WHEN YOU MASTER THE LAWS, YOU WILL REAP THEIR REWARDS!”
Jeffrey Gitomer

Who Should Read the Book?   Everyone but especially anyone in sales or in charge of sales.

Final Test:  Would I read the book again?  ABSOLUTELY AND I AM!  Would I give it as a gift?  ABSOLUTELY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and critiques are always welcome.