Monday, August 27, 2012


QUOTE: “Hope for the best; prepare for the worst!” (English Proverb)  Given that Isaac is bearing down on Southern Louisiana and Southern Mississippi it would be fantastic  advice.  Hoping that this newsletter, posted a bit early due to the storm, finds you and your families safe now, during and after Isaac visits; an unwelcomed guest to say the least. 

YOUR  ST˜R  POWER, SCRIPTS FOR YOUR SUCCESS FROM HOWARD BRINTON:  www.StarPower.com. LISTING PRESENTATION, EXPLAIN MARKETING:  I may not be the person that sells your home, but I most assuredly will be the REASON it sells.  I’m going to do a marketing booklet, brochure and internet presence that will actually market your home on paper and on the Internet.  I won’t be present for every showing because many times the agents won’t want me there with their buyers so they can speak freely.  But I’m going to put everything down on paper and the Internet that will tell people and agents why they should buy your home.  I’m going to do all I can to equip every agent that shows your home with everything they need to sell your home.  

WISDOM FROM MICHAEL DUNN, author of What’s The BIG Secret, From page 147:  Don’t let your hurts, depression, or addictions keep you from chasing your goals.  You’ll find that in the passionate pursuit of your goals these hindrances will be stripped from you as a butterfly leaving the cocoon.  Yes, they bound you in the past, but when you begin to pursue your goals (fly), you will literally feel different.  When you fly, the freedom you feel overcomes the pain of the past.  The less you weigh – the higher you fly.  You can’t change your past, but you can immediately change your future by setting goals at the end of this book to get out of debt, hang out with people who don’t weight you down, and give your time and spiritual energy to your future instead of dwelling on the past.  Remember.  The less you weigh spiritually, the higher you fly.  Simply dump the garbage, grow up, and get over it.  http://michaelpdunn.org/Success.html   

THE WORLD OF STEVEN WRIGHT:   How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there? 

SPEAKING OF AMBIGUITY:  If the police arrest a Mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent? 

WHATEVER HOLDS OUR ATTENTION MOLDS OUR INTENTION:  The title alone makes this worth reading.  A great article from Tommy Newberry.  If you want to read a great book, read Newberry’s The 4:8 Principle.  It is on the bookshelf in the Market Center.  http://www.tommynewberry.com/adjust-your-focus-increase-your-joy/#more 

A DECK OF CARD:  I promise you that you will enjoy this video.  http://stg.do/91qb 

SEA TURTLES….AND DISTRACTIONS THAT LEAD US IN THE WRONG DIRECTION by Jon Gordon.  Great analogy; hopefully Gordon is not talking about you.  http://www.jongordon.com/positive-tip-distractions.html 

A POEM FROM BOB BURG; THE ACTUAL AUTHOR IS UNKNOWN: 

I am your constant companion.
I’m your greatest helper, or your greatest burden.
I will push you onward, or drag you down to failure.
I’m at your command.

Half of the tasks that you do,
You might just as well turn over to me and
I’ll do them quickly and correctly.
I’m easily managed.

You must merely be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done
And after a few lessons, I’ll do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great people and,
Alas, of all failures as well.

Those who are great, I have made great.
And those who are failures, I have made failures.
I’m not a machine but I work with all the
Precision of a machine plus the intelligence of

You may run me for profit or run me for ruin,
It makes no difference to me.
Just take me, train me, be firm with me
And I’ll lay the work at your feet.
But you be easy with me and I’ll destroy you.

Who am I?

Email me your answer to Who am I? to jimbrown@gymbeaux.com  I’ll let you know if you are right or send you the answer.

GRATITUDE – WHAT YOU ARE NOT

"We can't have real courage without fear.
To know what we are, we must first know what we are not."
Rev Karen Rice
Did you know that we're born with only two fears - the fear of falling and the fear of loud noises? Every other one is something that we picked up along the way in our life. 

Sometimes we're not even aware of what we've learned, but we sure know what fear feels like when it shows up. So let's learn to deal with it. 

One of the side benefits of pushing ourselves into work that is outside of our comfortable familiar zone is that sooner or later fear will show up. This is good. 

We feel these emotions that cause us to ask, "Am I good enough for this? Am I way over my head? How can I ever pull this off? Am I going to embarrass myself, crash and burn in public?" 

Every fear is a question about what you are. When you feel questions like these coming up for you; read today's quote again. This is your chance to decide what you are not. 

Am I incompetent? Am I unprepared? Am I a quitter? Your fear is a lying emotion urging you to say Yes, and quit. But you can look that fear in the eye and declare, "No! That is not what I am." 

Each fear has a corresponding positive choice that you can make.  Look at the fear and deny it, then affirm for yourself the flip side of the fear - the positive statement. 

"I'm smart! I'm prepared! I'm creative! I never quit! People are happy to help me!" Find the right statements that match your fears and keep them handy. Repeat them until you believe them. 

People have known and taught about the power of denials and affirmations for a long time, because they work! This process allows you to create your statements to match the fear that comes up for you. 

Fear is not a sign that you're doing something wrong, it's a sign that you're out of your comfort zone and growing. 

Don't stop! 

All the best, Wes 

Follow @DailyGratitude_ on Twitter 

Not a subscriber? Get your own issue every weekday. http://dailygratitude.com 

Horn Creek Productions, LLC
PO Box 2965
Peoria, AZ 85380

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and critiques are always welcome.