Monday, May 6, 2013

GOSSIP



Gossip, Ten Pathways To Eliminate It From Your Life And Transform Your Soul
By Lori Palatnik with Bob Burg

Date Review Posted:  May 15, 2013
Authors:  Lori Palatnik with Bob Burg
Release Date:  2002
Lori Palatnik Twitter:  https://twitter.com/LoriAlmostLive
Bob Burg Web Site:   http://www.bobburg.com

  *****  (A case could be made that I would only review the best of the best because if while reading a book it does not hold my interest, I would not finish it and therefore would not review it.)

I could not possible do this book the justice it deserves as much as the Reverend Dr. Earl Bailey has in his opening endorsement of the book:

“There is no other subject that demands to be spoken and examined than gossip.  It has ruined lives, assassinated personalities, split families, alienated friends and has even caused murder.  Bob Burg and Lori Palatnik have bravely and successfully confronted this evil.  Using Biblical and secular writings, they show from the beginning of time that others have addressed this common problem of all ages.  From Moses, the Prophets David and Solomon, we have warnings and admonishments about gossip.  Bob and Lori have pulled off the excuses we try to hide behind.  However, they do not stop there.  They give practical, workable and daily suggestions to over cover and break the habit of speaking evil of others.  This book does not belong in your library; it belongs on your bed stand for daily reading.”  Reverend Dr. Earl Bailey

Reason For Reading THIS book:  I am a follower of Bob Burg. I have read all of his books, have most if not all of his CDs and he has conducted a fabulous presentation in my office to my crew.  I have incorporated a great deal of his teachings in my daily life.  Reading this was a “no brainer” and I am forever glad of it.

Number Of Times I Have Read This Book:  Three times.

Brief Summary of Content:   The Table of Contents speak VOLUMES about the book, see for yourself:

Feathers in the Wind; one of my personal favorite all time stories
Body and Soul
The Power of Speech; A Gift Like No Other
Consequences, Eternity and Other Scary Stuff
Why Do We Gossip?
The First Pathway:  Speak No Evil – And Avoid Destroying Those Around You
The Second Pathway:  Hear No Evil – And Avoid Destroying Yourself
The Third Pathway:  Don’t Rationalize Your Life Away
The Fourth Pathway:  See No Evil – How Judging People Favorably Will Change Your Life
The Fifth Pathway:  Beware of Speaking Evil Without Saying an Evil Word
The Sixth Pathway:  Modesty Is The Best Policy – Avoid Envy And Arrogance
The Seventh Pathway:  Beware of Repeating Information – Or, Loose Lips Sink Ships
The Eighth Pathway:  Honesty, Really Is The Best Policy – Most Of The Time (I really like this one)
The Ninth Pathway:  Learn To Say “I’m Sorry” – Or, “Okay, so I Blew It.  Now What?”
The Tenth Pathway:  Forgive
The Reverse Gossip Game
When You Are Allowed to Speak About Others
The Best Story Ever!
Afterward:  Actions Speak Louder Than Desires


About the book:  This is one of the best books to improve relationships that I have ever read and I have read a few.  I have purchase many copies of this book to give as gifts especially to my children in hopes they will read it and make it a part of their lives.

Who Should Read the Book?    Everyone!  Especially you-know-who!

Final Test:  Would I read the book again?  ABSOLUTELY AND I WILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and critiques are always welcome.