Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Online Newsletter for the Week Ending April 13, 2012

QUOTE:  "Happiness is the ability to recognize it."  Carolyn Wells (Author)

FROM THE WORLD OF STEVEN WRIGHT: I spilled Spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone

WISDOM FROM MICHAEL DUNN, author of “What’s The BIG Secret?”  E.M. Gates would sit in an 8 foot by 8 foot room that was sound and light proof with a table, chair, paper and pen to receive ideas for inventions.  He created over 200 useful patents in his lifetime and corporations would hire him to sit for them to find solutions to their problems.  Where is your quiet place?  www.michaelpdunn.org

HOW COULD YOU NOT BE TOUCHED BY THIS VIDEO?  By Marriane Williamson thanks for the link from Joe Tye.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBR_NJxW1M

LATEST NUGGET:  I Have Met The Enemy; It Is Conventional Wisdom.  Located at www.NuggetsForTheNoggin.com written by Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown

MISSION (STATEMENT) OR PROMISE?  IS IT A STATEMENT OR WORDS OF HOT AIR?  Another great article by Jeffrey Gitomer.  We have a company mission statement, do you know it?  Do you have a personal company mission statement, do you know it?  Can you recite it?  Do your customers know it?  Can your customers recite it?  If not, what good is it?  http://www.gitomer.com/articles/ViewPublicArticle.html?key=ajcdMibak3N1FEeVqoTGOQ%3D%3D

THE ROOT OF SUCCESS:  By Jon Gordon.  Pointed little story that parallels the career of a real estate salesperson.  Failure to pay attention to providing nutrients and water to the root of the tree ultimately reduces the fruit of the tree.  Failure to feed and nurture your database, ultimately reduces the productivity of your efforts or lack thereof.  http://www.jongordon.com/newsletter-the-root-of-success.html

DAN MILHAM’S NEW ORLEANS STREET NAME NOTE CARDS; very clever idea:  http://www.danmilhamphotographyblog.com/2012/04/ny-new-look-at-old-things.html

DOG SALTY, 9/11 MESMORIZING STORY on video you will want to watch:  http://www.sonnyradio.com/hero-dog-of-911.html

LEST WE FORGET:  I would estimate there are millions of Americans because of the passing of time have no idea of the tragedy of Pearl Harbor.  This is a very fitting reminder.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgE2KiPd3xg&f

REVISED AUTHORIZATION TO LEASE FORM:  The Authorization to Lease form has been revised effective April 4, 2012; loaded up to www.SlidellCalendar.com in the Document Section under Rental Forms.  Please dispose of all previous versions immediately and use the April 4, 2012 version.

MORTGAGE 101 CLASS:  On the first Thursday of each month, John Boatman conducts a class on involving the mortgage process.  The class on April 5 walked you through the actual process of taking a loan and getting it approved.  The class was outstanding and would have benefited everyone.  John said he would schedule a class on Credit Reports, how to read them, how to fix them, etc.  Watch for details, you won’t want to miss this one.

ARE YOU COMPLIANT?  Extract from the latest news from the Commission.

PROPERTYMANAGEMENT

The investigative staff has been contacted by licensees with questions regarding compliance with the law regarding their real estate activity as a property manager. These agents are simultaneously working as an employee for one or more owners while licensed as a salesperson or associate broker. The property management is not conducted through their sponsoring broker. This action constitutes a violation of the Louisiana Licensing Law, and the licensee could be censured, suspended or revoked, as well as face fines.

Managing property in Louisiana is a real estate brokerage activity that requires a real estate license. A licensee who wants to act as a leasing agent or property manager must conduct this activity through the brokerage firm that holds his or her license.

It has been determined that, in some instances, the broker has granted "permission" for their sponsored licensee to work outside of the broker’s company. This practice is in violation of the law:

Associates Brokers and Salespersons

- Shall not accept a commission or other valuable consideration for a defined real estate activity from anyone other than their sponsoring or qualifying broker,

- Must place any funds entrusted to them in connection with any transaction involving the sale, lease, or management of real property with their sponsoring or qualifying broker.

Sponsoring or Qualifying Brokers:

- Shall not permit a sponsored licensee to operate as an individual real estate broker. Our investigators have found several brokers who were fully aware that their sponsored licensees owned and operated a separate property management company,

- Shall not permit a sponsored licensee or an employee to conduct real estate activities in violation of the licensing law.

The Commission has the authority to regulate the issuance of licenses and censure, suspend, or revoke licenses of those that violate license law or rules and regulations.  - Marsha Stafford

ADVERTISING DISCREPANCIES: 

The Investigation Division issued 37 advertising citations in the month of March. The majority of these citations were issued on team advertisements, wherein the team member advertising failed to include all team members’ names in the advertisement

THIS WEEKS HUMOR VIDEO, what would you have done?  http://www.dump.com/mannequinhead/

GRATITUDE – DO THE WORK – WES HOPPER
"The Universe is not indifferent. It is actively hostile."
Stephen Pressfield

You may know Stephen Pressfield as the author of "Bagger Vance," made into a great movie with Will Smith.

He's also written two astonishing books, "The War of Art" and "Do The Work!" on why we don't get things done and what to do about it.  Gymbeaux Note:  The War of Art is in our Market Center Library. 

He says our most fearsome enemy is Resistance!
-----------------------------------------------------
 "The Astonishing Power of Gratitude" is available as an audiobook on CD, or as an MP3 download, with bonuses! An inspirational companion for your drive time or walks. Get it today!
-----------------------------------------------------
Resistance is all the reasons we don't get it done. All the excuses, all the distractions, all the fear. 

He says, "Resistance is an active, intelligent, malign force whose sole object is to stop us from achieving our higher goals." 

It's a way of personifying all those inner voices that create doubt, distraction and self-criticism when we step out into the work that we are here to do. 

I don't know about you, but I can relate to that. It's a struggle to get the important work done. 

Now I know who I'm fighting - resistance! 

Does any of this sound familiar to you?  If so, get his books. Study them, and then like St George and the dragon, set out to slay that monster! 

You can do it. 

All the best, Wes 

Follow @DailyGratitude_ on Twitter 

Not a subscriber? Get your own issue every week day.

Wes Hopper
Horn Creek Productions, LLC
PO Box 2965
Peoria, AZ 85380 

MISSION OR PROMISE, THE WORDS OF JEFFREY GITOMER SLIGHTLY MODIFIED TO FIT YOUR INDIVIDUAL REAL ESTATE BUSINESS JUST FOR YOU.  The embolden phrases were embolden for emphasis and importance: 

§  I will be friendly.
§  I will be professional.
§  I will provide the highest quality products.
§  I will provide the highest quality training.
§  I will do what I promise.
§  I will keep you informed as we progress.
§  I will keep my technology state-of-the-art.
§  I will think long term in all our endeavors.
§  I will be an expert resource for you.
§  I will provide prompt service.
§  I will maintain a great attitude toward service.
§  I will earn your loyalty with quality and value.
§  I will use creativity to differentiate and dominate.
§  I will customize and personalize all enterprise training.
§  I will increase your results.
§  I will cultivate relationships by paying attention to your individual needs and interests.
§  I will take as much pride in your business and needs as you do.
§  I will maintain my dedication to lifelong learning.
§  I will recover memorably when an error occurs.
§  I will respond in a heartbeat or faster.
§  I will serve with a smile.
§  I will serve memorably – service is an opportunity and a priority, not a job function.
§  I will make providing you the best service my top priority.
§  I will treat all customers the same – LIKE GOLD.
§  I will collaborate with you every step of the way.
§  I will become an expert in your business to exceed your business needs, and mine.
§  I will be your BEST partner.
§  I will not just lead by example – I will set a standard, and raise the bar for others to follow
§  I will always go the “Extra Mile” and then a little bit more
§  I will kiss ass.
§  I will practice what I preach.
§  I will do what I love and love what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and critiques are always welcome.