Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Online Newsletter for the Week Ending June 3

QUOTE:  “To make (those) waves turn into what you want, you have to interact with them. Set your intention, take action, be bold! You can't wait for the future before you take action, but by taking action you can change what the future becomes.”  Wes Hopper

LINKEDIN:  There are at least 3 social media sites you should be engaged in on a daily basis.  (1) Facebook, www.facebook.com especially with a fan/business page on which you can talk about business.  (2)  Twitter.  www.twitter.com  You need to be adding value for the folks who follow you and you need to do it on a regular basis like at least once a week if not daily.  (3) LINKEDIN.  www.linkedin.com   Linkedin is a “business” social media site where people sign on and connect with each other for business reasons.  You can link up with like-minded individuals as well as post your comments, again at least weekly if not daily.  I challenge everyone to beat my numbers.  Ready for this?  I have 603 connections that link me to more than 5,801,913 professionals; THAT’S FIVE AS IN MILLION!  I have increased my Internet Linkedin exposure to 16,996 people added to my Linkedin site JUST SINCE MAY 29.  If you want a fourth site, try www.Plaxo.com.  Every day I am reminded that upwards of 10 people in my Plaxo database has a birthday and I send out that many Ecards practically every day. 
FOLLOWME:  www.twitter.com/gymbeaux143;

FOLLOW ME:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/gymbeaux

TOP 10 REAL ESTATE REAL ESTATE WEB SITES IN APRIL 2011:  Ever wonder what the most “hit” real estate sites are?  Check them out at:  http://www.inman.com/news/2011/05/31/top-10-real-estate-websites-in-april

CHAMBER AFTER HOURS:  Business After Hours hosted by Summerfield Retirement Community and Home Instead Senior Care  4104 Dauphine St., Slidell.  June 16, 2011; 5-7 PM.  Business to Business Networking, Door Prizes - Food and Beverages - 50/50 Raffle.  FREE for Chamber Members.  $25.00 Non-Members

WHAT’S YOUR EXCUSE?  Great and short article by Mike Butson.  Could he be talking about you, nah….  http://www.brokeragentsocial.com/article/1216/what-039-s-your-excuse

SACRIFICE, another great article by Jon Gordon.  http://www.jongordon.com/newsletter-053111-sacrifice.html

YOU KNOW YOUR SALES PROCESS IS OUTDATED WHEN….  Hopefully this does not describe you; from www.SalesDog.com.  http://www.salesdog.com/newsletter/2011/nl0528.htm#newsletter

STEPS A GOOD (WITH THE EMPHASIS ON THE WORD GOOD) LISTING AGENT SHOULD TAKE WITH HIS/OR CLIENT.  By Gina Nugent.  This is a good article.  My comments that immediately follow should also shed some light on being a “good” listing agent.  The question should be, how many of them do you do?  http://activerain.com/blogsview/2323057/steps-a-good-listing-agent-should-take-for-his-her-client

BROKER BIT:  COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION:  As most of you know, I have been licensed in real estate for almost 32 years.  In that time there is one recurring complaint offered up by both buyers and sellers.  You would think that after 32 years we as an industry would improve on this but we don’t and I don’t know why.  COMMUNICATION WITH THE CUSTOMER.  The number one complaint that I have heard as Broker in those years is that “I have never heard from my agent.”  “My agent never calls me.”  “I have no idea what is going on, why does my agent not call me?”  Let’s reverse the roles and let’s say that you place a call, send an email request or submit some type of bid or offer.  How do you want to be responded to?  Immediately would be my guess.  It has been my experience that even when an agent can show proof that he or she has called their customer (or emailed) the customer still says “I never hear from my agent.”  What should that tell you?  You never communicate enough with your customers!  I would strongly recommend that you establish and block out 2 or 3 hours every week on the same day of the week for the purpose of calling your active customers.  Explain to the customer that, for example, I will call you on Friday between 8:00 am and 11:00 am.  Please do not feel like you have to be there, I will leave you a voice mail message.  I would also give my customers a clipboard with a self-designed form on it entitled IMPORTANT INFO FOR GYMBEAUX’S CALL.  I would then ask the customer to write down anything and everything they think of that they need an answer for or would simply like to tell me.  I would explain to them that I would be doing the same thing for them.  Then when I call on Friday morning between 8:00 and 11:00, you can pass information to me or ask me the questions you have and I will do the same.  Of course if anything should happen during the week of importance, you can call me at any time and I will do the same.  But…please understand, I turn my telephone off quite frequently when I am engaged in something of extreme importance so please do not hesitate to leave a message; I will return your call as soon as possible.  Do you have a system to insure more than adequate communications with your customer?  If not, why not?  Can’t wait to hear your answer.

GYMBEAUX NOTE:  I see and hear a lot of agents getting upset of the way a transaction is taking place.  The one question I would like to ask is, 6 months or a year from now will anyone even remember the same issue that seems to be taking over your life at this present moment?  I doubt it.  The following Gratitude Gem from Wes Hopper tells it like it really is and it is a very good lesson to follow EVERY DAY.

GRATITUDE  -  FEELING GOOD

"When you feel good about yourself, others will feel good about you, too."
Jake Steinfeld
Many of us are brought up in families where we're taught that saying good things about ourselves is being conceited.
The message that we as little kids get from that is that we're really not that good after all. There's something wrong about feeling good about ourselves.

You can see that this is just a destructive belief pattern passed down in the family from parents to kids.
It's not intended to be malicious, but it's destructive in what it teaches us about ourselves.
Some of us spend our whole lives trying to be good enough to be worth feeling good about ourselves, and never quite making it.
The fact is, there's a big difference between feeling good about yourself and being conceited. Here's how to tell the difference.
Conceit compares you to others.  Self esteem does not.
Healthy self esteem is necessary for success in life. As our quote says, if we like ourselves, others will, too.
And it's hard to be successful without the partnership of others.
So how are you doing with liking yourself? Do you feel genuinely good about yourself? Would you want to be friends with you?
You're actually a pretty nice person, you know.
Give yourself a hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and critiques are always welcome.